Axios-Ipsos Poll: Less Than 10 Percent Say COVID a Serious Crisis in US Right Now A signboard reminds people of the face covering requirement as pedestrians wear face masks due to the coronavirus in Los Angeles, California on Nov. 12, 2020. (Frederic J. Brown/Getty Images)
By Jeffrey Rodack | Tuesday, 12 April 2022 08:20 AM
Here are how the poll results, released on Tuesday, break down:
- 3% of Republicans say COVID-19 is currently a serious crisis, compared to 16% of Democrats.
- 73% of all those surveyed still consider it a problem, but manageable, including 66% of Republicans and 81% of Democrats.
- 17% of those polled say it is not a problem at all, including 31% of Republicans and 3% of Democrats.
- 22% of those surveyed said their employers require them to wear masks, compared to 39% who said the same thing in last month's poll.
- 37% said they've returned to their normal-pre-COVID lifestyles.
The poll, conducted April 8-11, surveyed 1,043 people. The margin of error is plus or minus 3.4 percentage points.