Cincy Police Close Street for Suspicious RV Following Nashville Blast

Cincy Police Close Street for Suspicious RV Following Nashville Blast Cincy Police Close Street for Suspicious RV Following Nashville Blast (Dreamstime)

By Brian Trusdell | Friday, 25 December 2020 08:07 PM

Police in Cincinnati closed a downtown street for approximately two and a half hours Friday to investigate a parked recreational vehicle before giving the ''all clear” and reopening the area.

The unusual action came hours after a recreational vehicle exploded in downtown Nashville, Tennessee, Christmas morning after broadcasting alerts for anyone who could hear them to clear the area.

"We take anything like this extremely seriously. We got units here as quickly as possible and cleared all the traffic out of the area,” Cincinnati Police Sgt. Jerry Hodges told the Cincinnati Enquirer. ''I understand people on heightened alert these days," Hodges said. "Everything turned out great."

Police said they were alerted to the RV at about 4:30 p.m. by security and police at the city’s federal building. Using K-9 units, the RV was cleared about 7 p.m. There were conflicting reports — such as one by local CBS/CW affiliate WKRC, which said the RV’s engine was running. Others, such as the Enquirer, said the engine was not running but that an internal generator could be heard starting, apparently to maintain temperature.

The RV was owned by a local man but had out-of-state license plates due to a recent purchase.

"Out of an abundance of caution, based on the incident in Tennessee we are using Explosive Detection K9s to clear the scene," officials told the Enquirer. "At this time there is nothing else indicating there is anything else of a suspicious nature."

Housing Boom Sparks Fears Over Lack of Land for New Homes

Housing Boom Sparks Fears Over Lack of Land for New Homes sign pointing to new homes for sale A sign is posted in front of new homes for sale at Hamilton Cottages on September 24, 2020, in Novato, Calif. (Justin Sullivan/Getty Images)

By Jeffrey Rodack | Friday, 25 December 2020 02:20 PM

Builders are growing worried they are running out of land to meet the surging demand for new homes.

The Wall Street Journal reported record low interest rates and a new premium on space during the pandemic have generated the biggest housing boom in years.

And a shortage of previously owned homes on the market is leading to an increase in buyers wanting new construction.

Builders, with much of their land inventory still in the development process, face the prospect of a shortage of finished lots or land that can be built on, said Jody Kahn, senior vice president at John Burns Real Estate Consulting LLC.

And Phillippe Lord, chief operating officer at Scottsdale, Arizona-based builder Meritage Homes Corp. said: ''The competition for land is extremely high as the homebuying demand grows.''

New home sales soared 20.8% on a year-on-year basis. The government reported last week that single-family homebuilding, the largest share of the housing market, increased in November to the highest level since April 2007.

But persistent shortages of land, materials and skilled labor are increasing construction costs for builders.

Luke Pickerill, owner of MonteVista Homes in Bend, Oregon, said: ''In Central Oregon, I will literally be out of lots and I’ll have nothing to sell'' by next month. ''All of the inventory that we expected to be selling in quarter one and quarter two of next year, we’ve now sold through it already this year.''

Would Trump Kick Off 2024 Campaign During a Biden Inauguration?

Would Trump Kick Off 2024 Campaign During a Biden Inauguration? Would Trump Kick Off 2024 Campaign During a Biden Inauguration?

Sunday, 29 November 2020 09:59 AM

President Donald Trump is reportedly considering kicking off his 2024 campaign during Joe Biden’s inauguration.

The Daily Beast, citing three unnamed sources, reported Trump has not only talked to close advisers and confidants about a potential 2024 run to reclaim the White House, but about the specifics of a campaign launch.

He’s floated the idea of a 2024-related event during Biden’s inauguration week, possibly on Inauguration Day, the news outlet reported.

Bloomberg has reported Trump said he planned to run in 2024 if his lawyers are unable to make the case to overturn the results of the 2020 election — and the idea has some support from GOP voters, the Daily Beast reported.

A survey by Seven Letter Insight found that 66% of Republican voters would support the president running in 2024.

And a Morning Consult poll for Politico found that 54% would vote for the president in a 2024 primary.

Trump has refused to concede the election, but has allowed the General Services Administration to give the transition team for Joe Biden to get access to government resources and personnel.

Related Stories:

Original Article

Sidney Powell to Newsmax TV: Dominion Contracts Warrant Criminal Probe

Sidney Powell to Newsmax TV: Dominion Contracts Warrant Criminal Probe (Newsmax TV's "The Count")

By Eric Mack | Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:49 PM

The $107 million contract awarded by Georgia for Dominion Voting Systems should be thoroughly investigated for potential "benefits being paid to family members of those who signed the contract," according to former federal prosecutor Sidney Powell on Newsmax TV.

"There should be an investigation, a thorough criminal investigation, frankly, of everyone involved in acquiring the Dominion [Voting] System for the state of Georgia," Powell told Saturday's "The Count" hosted by Tom Basile and Mark Halperin.

"And frankly for every other state, given how appalling the system is and the fact it was designed to manipulate the votes and destroy the real votes of American citizens who were casting legal votes."

Powell's investigation is turning up potential criminal allegations, including "money or benefits being paid to family members of those who signed the contract for Georgia."

"I think there are multiple people in the Secretary of State's office and other that should be investigated in Georgia for what benefits they might have received for giving Dominion the $100-million, no-bid contract," Powell said.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported in 2019, however, Georgia did receive three bids for the new voting systems, with Dominion winning on being "the lowest-cost system among three companies that submitted bids."

That contract was pursued by the state after Stacey Abrams never conceded to Gov. Brian Kemp in the 2018 midterm elections, claiming the Secretary of State and Kemp unlawfully ''suppressed'' votes by voiding registrations found to be illegitimate.

Important: See Newsmax TV now carried in 70 million cable homes, on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Network Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Spectrum, U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Optimum Ch. 102, Cox cable, Suddenlink Ch. 102, CenturyLink 1209, Mediacom Ch. 277, Frontier 615 or Find More Cable Systems – Click Here.

Sidney Powell to Newsmax TV: Dominion Contracts Warrant Criminal Probe

Sidney Powell to Newsmax TV: Dominion Contracts Warrant Criminal Probe (Newsmax TV's "The Count")

By Eric Mack | Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:49 PM

The $107 million contract awarded by Georgia for Dominion Voting Systems should be thoroughly investigated for potential "benefits being paid to family members of those who signed the contract," according to former federal prosecutor Sidney Powell on Newsmax TV.

"There should be an investigation, a thorough criminal investigation, frankly, of everyone involved in acquiring the Dominion [Voting] System for the state of Georgia," Powell told Saturday's "The Count" hosted by Tom Basile and Mark Halperin.

"And frankly for every other state, given how appalling the system is and the fact it was designed to manipulate the votes and destroy the real votes of American citizens who were casting legal votes."

Powell's investigation is turning up potential criminal allegations, including "money or benefits being paid to family members of those who signed the contract for Georgia."

"I think there are multiple people in the Secretary of State's office and other that should be investigated in Georgia for what benefits they might have received for giving Dominion the $100-million, no-bid contract," Powell said.

The Atlanta-Journal Constitution reported in 2019, however, Georgia did receive three bids for the new voting systems, with Dominion winning on being "the lowest-cost system among three companies that submitted bids."

That contract was pursued by the state after Stacey Abrams never conceded to Gov. Brian Kemp in the 2018 midterm elections, claiming the Secretary of State and Kemp unlawfully ''suppressed'' votes by voiding registrations found to be illegitimate.

Important: See Newsmax TV now carried in 70 million cable homes, on DirecTV Ch. 349, Dish Network Ch. 216, Xfinity Ch. 1115, Spectrum, U-verse Ch. 1220, FiOS Ch. 615, Optimum Ch. 102, Cox cable, Suddenlink Ch. 102, CenturyLink 1209, Mediacom Ch. 277, Frontier 615 or Find More Cable Systems – Click Here.

Original Article

Pennsylvania High Court Rejects Lawsuit Challenging Election

Pennsylvania High Court Rejects Lawsuit Challenging Election judge gavel (Picture Alliance-DPA via AP Images)

MARC LEVY Saturday, 28 November 2020 07:58 PM

Pennsylvania's highest court on Saturday night threw out a lower court's order preventing the state from certifying dozens of contests on its Nov. 3 election ballot in the latest lawsuit filed by Republicans challenging the vote count in the battleground state.

The state Supreme Court, in a unanimous decision, threw out the three-day-old order, saying the underlying lawsuit was filed months after the law allowed for challenges to Pennsylvania's expansive year-old mail-in voting law.

The state's attorney general, Democrat Josh Shapiro, called the court's decision “another win for Democracy.”

The week-old lawsuit, led by Republican U.S. Rep. Mike Kelly of northwestern Pennsylvania, had challenged the state's mail-in voting law as unconstitutional.

As a remedy, Kelly and the other Republican plaintiffs had sought to either throw out the 2.5 million mail-in ballots submitted under the law — most of them by Democrats — or to wipe out the election results and direct the state's Republican-controlled Legislature to pick Pennsylvania's presidential electors.

Commonwealth Court Judge Patricia McCullough, elected as a Republican in 2009, had issued the order Wednesday to halt certification of any remaining contests, including apparently contests for Congress.

A day earlier, Gov. Tom Wolf, a Democrat, said he had certified Democrat Joe Biden as the winner of the presidential election in Pennsylvania. Biden beat President Donald Trump by more than 80,000 votes in Pennsylvania, a state Trump had won in 2016.

Wolf had appealed McCullough's decision to the state Supreme Court, saying there was no “conceivable justification” for it.

Original Article

New Jersey Woman Accused of Sending Money to Terrorists

New Jersey Woman Accused of Sending Money to Terrorists New Jersey Woman Accused of Sending Money to Terrorists (Dreamstime.com)

By Sandy Fitzgerald | Saturday, 28 November 2020 11:40 AM

A New Jersey woman has been arrested on charges that she was sending money to a foreign terrorist organization in Syria, according to the U.S. Attorney's office.

Authorities say Maria Bell, 53, of Hopatcong, is charged with allegedly sending money to a member of Hay'at Tahrir al-Sham (HTS), a Syrian terrorist organization that is fighting against the Assad regime, reports NJ.com.

The complaint charges her with one count of knowingly concealing the provision of material support or resources to a designated foreign terrorist organization. It also says that Bell, a former member of the U.S. Army and Army National Guard, used her expertise in specialized weapons training to "guidance concerning operational security issues, firearms purchases, and military knowledge.”

The complaint alleges Bell started communicating with one member of HTS in February 2017 and sent thousands of encrypted communications to that person, including asking if he or she was "ready to fight in front line with other fighters."

Bell allegedly sent at least 18 payments for a total of $3,150 to people in Turkey and Syria who support HTS, knowing the money would support acts of terrorism, according to federal officials.

The State Department added HTS to its database as a foreign terrorist organization in May 2018, according to the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Dean Sovolos, during Bell's first court appearance, described her as a danger to the community and a flight risk, saying that when she was arrested officers recovered 136 operable handguns and rifles, 15 canisters of ammunition, and a short-range rocket launcher inside her two-bedroom home.

Her lawyer said most of the weapons were antiques and she got them after the death of her husband, who had worked at an armory.

Bell faces up to 10 years in prison.

US COVID Case Rise Sets New High After Thanksgiving Break

US COVID Case Rise Sets New High After Thanksgiving Break US COVID Case Rise Sets New High After Thanksgiving Break (Dreamstime)

Bloomberg News Friday, 27 November 2020 09:24 PM

The U.S. added 196,050 new cases so far Friday, a record, as some states resumed daily updates following the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday.

The increase brings the total for the country to 13.1 million. Deaths increased by 1,406 to 264,823. The CDC said in a tweet that forecasts predict as many as 21,400 new deaths may be reported during the week ending Dec. 19, with up to 321,000 fatalities.

It also warned that cases and hospitalizations are rising.

Many Americans appear to have ignored warnings to minimize travel and keep family gatherings scaled back this Thanksgiving as a way to slow the coronavirus's spread. Now some epidemiologists are anticipating that the pandemic, already surging before the holiday, will actually intensify in coming days as a consequence.

Over 700 Gang Members in Central America Arrested in US-Aided Actions

Over 700 Gang Members in Central America Arrested in US-Aided Actions Over 700 Gang Members in Central America Arrested in US-Aided Actions (Dreamstime)

Friday, 27 November 2020 08:14 PM

El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras have brought criminal charges against more than 700 members of cross-border criminal organizations, primarily the MS-13 and 18th Street gangs, in a U.S.-assisted effort, the U.S. Department of Justice said on Friday.

"The U.S. Department of Justice and our law enforcement partners in Central America are committed to continued collaboration in locating and arresting gang members and associates engaged in transnational crimes," said U.S. Attorney General William Barr, according to the statement.

The charges resulted from a one-week coordinated law enforcement action under Operation Regional Shield (ORS), a DOJ-led initiative to combat transnational organized crime that brings together authorities from El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and the United States.

Tackling transnational human smuggling networks and gangs, including MS-13, is a top priority for U.S. President Donald Trump.

Prosecutors in El Salvador this week filed criminal charges against 1,152 members of organized crime groups in the country, primarily MS-13 and 18th Street gangs, the statement said.

The national civil police captured 572 of the defendants on charges involving terrorism, murder, extortion, kidnapping, money laundering, human trafficking and human smuggling, among others.

In Guatemala, authorities executed 80 search warrants, arrested 40 individuals and served 29 arrest warrants against people already in custody, all of whom are members of the 18th Street gang and MS-13, the DOJ said. Guatemalan authorities seized drugs and a firearm, and filed charges for extortion, illicit association, conspiracy to commit murder and extortive obstruction.

In Honduras, the one-week joint operation resulted in the arrest of over 75 MS-13 and 18th Street gang members and five police officers and the execution of over 10 search warrants.